Having decided to grow your own herbs or vegetables, one of the most practical steps is to go into container gardening, such as hanging flower pots. Even if you are more used to soil-based container gardening, plant pots in containers offer numerous benefits, including: using less water and fertilizers; having fewer insects; having a longer planting period; having more room for growing; having the option of transplanting; and having a variety of flowering plants. Furthermore, plants are easier to maintain than many other types of garden containers. Therefore, the following have briefly featured the key outdoor hanging flower pots for container gardening features you will find with:
* Pots For Hanging Flower Pots – The type of pot you choose to put your hanging flower pots in will depend on a number of factors, including: where you live, how much sun or shade your outdoor garden receives, your preferences, budget, etc. * Model – The style and design of your hanging flower pots can be truly unique, depending on your personal tastes. * Height – Flower pots should be about one to one and a half feet in height, and should be of the correct height to support the weight of the plant’s roots.
* Indoor Plant Pots – Indoor plant pots come in various sizes, such as small square ones, larger round ones, long rectangle ones, and many others. However, most gardeners keep pots of one size that can fit their needs and those of their plants. If you are just starting out and need a large container for your first plants, look for pots that are large enough to handle your plants and also have plenty of room to move around. If you are looking for a container for your plants to grow in easily, opt for smaller pots that won’t be too cumbersome.
* Get The Right Container – You should choose the correct container based on the type of plant you will be growing inside it. Plants such as African Violets or Mediterranean Spinach do well in large pots that are at least four feet in diameter and have generous amounts of drainage. If you are going with a Mediterranean-style garden, go with a pot that has a smooth bottom or one that can be sloped towards the door to allow for excess water draining. Plants that like the sun should go with a container that has an equal amount of exposure to direct sunlight and artificial light. Plants that prefer shade should have their containers placed in back-to-back rows to provide shade to the plants from the sunlight.
* Care – Even though the hanging container is not exposed to the elements like wind and rain, it is still necessary to take good care of them. After all, they are your plants and you want them to be healthy. Water regularly but not excessively, and check the soil for loose gravel or stones that could pose a danger to the root system of the plants. You may also opt to buy an indoor gardening timer so that you will know how much time to give the plants for water and fertilization. If you do not have one, make sure you give the plants ample water so that they can completely absorb the liquid.
* The Position – Most indoor vegetable pots are put on top of shelves or tables but there are other types that can be placed on the floor. Choose an area that allows for easy access to the container as well as any hooks or staple that you plan to use for hanging the container. Consider where you will place the container once it is on the floor as well. This will help you avoid having to move the hanging container after it is on the table top. It is better to find the right spot first before placing the container on the table.
* Choosing the Flowers – Once you have selected the proper spot for your indoor container garden, then consider what kind of flowers you would like to grow inside your container. There are some plants that require more attention than others, and some require more sunlight than others. If you do not have an indoor plant that suits your taste, you can grow other types of flowers in a hanging container. Potted plants can be placed outside but it is best to do research first before planting seeds or plants inside your container garden. Consider planting annuals as well as perennials so that you will always have fresh flowers all year round.
Hanging flower pots can turn your ordinary potting bench into a beautiful and useful piece of furniture. If you are planning to start a container gardening business, this is one of the easiest ways to attract customers because it will provide them with a lovely and colorful outdoor living room. With a little bit of planning, you will be able to produce fresh flowers and vegetables all year round. Get ready to start planning your next indoor garden today!